Who We Are
Operation Walk International's team consists of volunteers from Prescott and Scottsdale, Arizona; and Lima, Ohio. With the collaboration with Operation Walk Canada, we also have volunteers from Toronto, London, Vancouver, Ottawa, and even Spain and the United Kingdom.
The roles filled by volunteers include: orthopaedic surgeons, anaesthesiologists, internists, physical therapists, RN's expertise in orthopaedic operating room procedures, RN's who specialize in orthopaedic post-operative nursing, supply processing/sterilization technicians and general volunteers.
- Health care professional team members are practicing experts in their field and have current licensing from their respective professional colleges or associations
- All team members are volunteers
- The care of all patients served by Operation Walk is the shared responsibility of by in-country orthopaedic surgeons, physical therapists and registered nurses and their Operation Walk counterparts
- All procedures, surgical implants, medical equipment, supplies and medicines utilized in the course of each mission are in strict adherence to the standards set forth by the United States and Canadian regulatory agencies and the Food and Drug Administration
- All funds raised are directed in total to each mission
- Operation Walk International is governed by a board of directors